YRC Worldwide Announces Full Ratification of Five-Year Labor Agreement for Three of Its Companies
“The ratification of the contract is good for our employees, our shareholders, and our customers. Having a five-year agreement is a very positive event for
A few of the contract highlights include:
- Wage increases in each year of the contract, beginning
April 1, 2019through 2023
- Continuation of existing health and welfare coverage, with predictable employer-contribution rates in each of the 5 years beginning
August 1, 2019
- Restoration of an additional one-week of vacation for certain employees
- Increased ability to utilize purchased transportation for YRC Freight and
- Increased use of lower-wage, non-CDL and part-time positions to improve employee availability and permit CDL-qualified drivers additional opportunities to drive
- Expanded use of smaller equipment, or box trucks, instead of costly third-party carriers to deliver freight
- Increased ability to utilize available
Department of Transportation(DOT) hours of service
- A newly structured profit-sharing bonus program for employees
“In addition to creating a unique opportunity for YRCW to make investments in the near-term, the ratified contract also positions the Company to improve our profitability in 2020 and beyond by taking full advantage of the new operational tools provided for in the contract, in addition to the implementation of our ongoing network optimization plan,” Hawkins said.
“We are pleased with the record voter turnout and overwhelming support of the new agreement by our employees. I want to thank each and every one of our 31,000 employees for their continued hard work and dedication. I am confident that the new operational opportunities approved in this contract plus our ability to continue to attract and retain top-notch employees will solidify a very positive future for YRCW,” Hawkins said.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The words “will,” “would,” “anticipate,” “expect,” “believe,” “intend” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain and are subject to significant business, economic, competitive, regulatory and other risks, uncertainties and contingencies, known and unknown, many of which are beyond the Company’s control. It is important to note that the achievement of the operational efficiencies and the improved service to customers we anticipate may be subject to a number of factors, including (among others) those risk factors that are from time to time included in the Company’s reports filed with the
Please visit our website at www.yrcw.com for more information.
|Investor Contact:||Bri Simoneau|
|Media Contact:||Mike Kelley|
SOURCE: YRC Worldwide
Source: YRC Worldwide, Inc.